Private band instrument lessons are available for students in grades 5th - 8th from our band teacher, Mr. Chester Schotanus. Lessons are 20 minutes once a week. The focus of your lessons will be in two areas:
1. Master the individual skills on your instrument.
2. Preparation to participate in school or church music programs.
Students who are learning to play a band instrument will also have the opportunity to participate in the full band rehearsals with Our Redeemer Lutheran School starting in January. We combine schools to create the best possible music experience. A spring concert showcases the combined band.
The DCS band performs for the Christmas program and students are encouraged to participate in Music Festival. Students learn a selected piece and three pieces to be played with the mass band. This band performs at the evening performance at Music Festival.
Things to know:
- Students will have lessons during the school day. Mr. Chester Schotanus and your child's teachers will work out this schedule.
- The band program is supported solely by the lessons paid for by you. Lessons are $13.00 each and are paid for on the first lesson of the month. You will receive an email billing statement the week before payment is due. Checks should be made out to “Chester Schotanus.”
-There is no fee for full band rehearsals. This is part of your lesson and band experience.
- We work with White of Music in Waukesha for band instrument rentals. All instruments rented have been approved by Mr. Chester Schotanus, and the store has on record everything that is required for the program (books, supplies, etc.) Visit www.WhiteHouseofMusic.com and click on “Lease to Learn” and follow the steps for Delavan Schools/Delavan Christian School. Having problems or have questions? Contact Ike Eichhorn (262) 798-9700 x124. He is our representative and can answer all questions. Instruments and supplies can be ordered through the website and will be delivered to the school…no driving to Waukesha, EVER!
- If you have an instrument, please make sure it is in playing condition. Contact Mr. Chester Schotanus via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will set up a time to get the instrument to the technician and you will get an estimate of the cost to clean/adjust. The instrument must be in good playing condition. You will still need to purchase the appropriate lesson book and supplies from White House of Music.